Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Art Shows - The Give And Take

There are rewards and disappointments for Patti and Kim when they participate in art shows. Each has received first, second, and third place awards, honorable mentions, and cash awards. Patti has also sold a few of her works at art shows.

One show that Kim recalls occurred last year. Though only her second show, she won two third place ribbons; one in portraits and one in animals. She recalls that it was meaningful because, "There were so many entries. I was so excited to have won a ribbon with so much competition."

Patti specifically recalls being awarded the "People's Choice" in a show last fall when Kim also competed. It was for a painting of her grandson Drew, titled "Travelin Man". Looking back, Patti says, "This was my first clue that my style is sellable to the public. It means a lot to be judged worthy by other artist, but for the public to say they like my work was my first clue I may actually be able to sell a few." At the same show she also took home two first-place awards and sold a painting. She enjoyed having Kim in the same show, but adds, "Thankfully she wasn’t competing against me as she was in a different category."


Above: Patti's People's Choice Award Winner, "Travelin' Man"

Kim remembers her first show with mixed emotions. "My first show was a both awesome and disappointing. I swept the portraits winning first, second and third . . . so, how can that be disappointing? . . . there were only four entries!"


Above: Kim's Studio, showing some of her portrait work

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home