Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Judgment Days

Probably one of the hardest things to do in life is to ask for feedback. We all enjoy the positive kind, but it is tough ask for an honest assessment from people who have a lot of experience judging similar work by others.

For Patti, "I only had family telling me I was good, and I guess I was convinced they were just being nice. I remember many years ago, Aunt Joann asked me to paint her something and I was thrilled someone would want anything I would do." But what would a supposed expert say? Patti decided to find out. "In our area, there are juried art shows open to the public and many artist from the tri-state enter. The shows are judged by professional artists and I began to enter because I needed feedback from other artists who I felt would tell me if I really had any talent."


Above: One of Patti's paintings

Kim may have been pushed a bit. When asked how she made the foray into art competitions, she confessed, "Mom is responsible. She invited me over to a show that was rained out, so my first show was a wash. The following year, which was last year, she invited me again."

Next time, find out what happened to each of them, and what kind of feedback they have received from the experts, and others.


Above: A painting by Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home