Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Where to Next?

Our common family connection is through Chester and Kathleen Carson, but our ancestry is comprised of numerous families.

We are decendants from families with many last names, including: Amos, Bealert/Baylor/Baker, Carson, Chesne, Caulley, Carson, Cartrett/Cartret (slashes show various spellings of the same name), Cramer, Dolly, Dorothea, Egnor, Finley, James, Mills, Mann, Post, Pittman, Palmer, Rue, Robbins, Rogers, Stillwell, Trieux/Truax/Truex, Thrasher, Thornhill, and Wheeler (plus others not yet identified).

These families resided in several countries (at least Germany, France, Ireland, and Wales) and numerous American territories and States (including: Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Oklahoma, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, and New Jersey).

On this web-site, we have now covered all that I know about our ancestors with the Carson surname (except for Chester and Kathleen themselves - more on that later). Unfortunately, I can only document back to Chester's great grandfather. I am reasonably certain that the next link back in that chain is Simon Carson, from Ireland. But I have not been able to verify his name, or discover information on his wife, other children, or their birth/death dates.

So what's next? I plan to start covering chains-of-names, that is, I'll cover all of one name, then move on to another branch. Since I've already posted one article on the Rogers branch, I'll complete that chain next.

I also plan to set up links to the posts on each branch of the family, but you need to be patient until my free time matches up with my basic HTML skills.

If anyone has any questions, or suggestions for future articles, please let me know.

Next time, I will begin a series of articles on the parents of Kathleen: Loyd and Mazie Rogers, then move on to other Rogers ancestors. Once that family chain is covered, I plan to start a series on Chester and Kathleen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home