Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Learning about more than painting

In addition to learning, evaluating, and attending shows together, painting has give both Patti and Kim new opportunities into each other, and themselves.

Kim says, surprisingly, "I’ve learned that I can impress myself." She has set out goals, and achieved them. On top of that, she now has a number of awards, and compliments to bolster her confidence. But as her number one critic, she is satisfied with her work. Still, "At work and at school I set very high standards that are a challenge to meet. While those around me seem to be pleased with my work and I make A’s and B’s in school, I always feel I could have done better if... I approach a painting with the same set of high standards and expectations. However, when it is done and can step away to see it as a viewer I think, “Wow! I did that!"”

Patti agrees that her artwork brings a sense of satisfaction and joy. "I’m surprised to learn how enjoyable I find to be doing such a solitary hobby. It’s probably because my present job and my involvement with church and other activities, are so completely opposite to art and more stressful."

As to what they've learned about each other, Patti begins "I’ve learned Kimberly is so much fun to be with and also a great artist with a really good eye for detail. She always surprises me with the subject matter she picks. Last August she won 2nd place with a painting of a bull. I never would have picked a bull but she pulled it off and even sold it."

Kim says that Patti's nature is further revealed when they work together. "I’ve learned that Mom is good company. She laughs faster than she frowns. She is as interested in my paintings as she is in her own. She has great talent and joy for painting and it shows in her work. An art teacher once told me that a good artist can will a feeling onto the viewer through a painting. Mom wills happiness, joy, love and passion into every painting she creates."


Above: Kim's love of paintings is evident in her living room. Note: Patti painted their dog, Caesar, as a birthday gift for Kim's husband, Mike.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The painting of the dog, our pet Caesar, was done by Mom as a gift to my husband, Mike, for his birthday.

10:36 AM, July 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home