Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Memorable Photo Monday #7

Do you remember the wooden swing that Grandama Carson had in her yard? I do. However, I had forgotten that when it became old some in the family decided to replace it. This week's photo captures Kathy, watching her father Eddie assemble the replacement swing. If you look, you can still see the original in the background.

The photo was clearly taken in Brentwood, MD. My guess is that the year is about 1975.

Can anyone confirm the year? Does anyone recall the event (a wedding anniversary?) or who purchased the new swing? In another photo, Roy is shown helping Eddie put the final touches on the new swing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember & cherish memories of that old swing. Does anyone have a picture of it? I would guess the Paynes' purchased this new one since Eddie is setting it up.

6:52 AM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Steve said...

Patti: You actually have a picture of the swing. Look at the CD that I sent of your mother's Large Negatives. Find "Scanned Picture0026" It is a photo of Joey and I on the original swing.

I too have fond memories of sliding back and forth on that swing in her yard.

10:00 AM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home