Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Friday, April 15, 2005

Kathleen Carson's influence on the Tea Room and Spa

Tami's new business, Kathleen's Tea Room & Day Spa is named after Kathleen Carson. When asked why she chose to name her new business after her great grandmother, she said, "I didn't know her well, but I have fond memories of her. My mom, Patti, adored her and talked about her a lot. She says she always treated each grandchild as her favorite. Many people name tea rooms after grandparents and I thought it would be a great tribute to someone loved so much by so many."

She went on, "We went to visit her for Christmas when I was young. I loved her, her house, her attic, everything about her. I have bubble lights on my Christmas tree to this day to remember her. I also remember her and Grandpa carson coming to Florida and our great crab feasts. I loved those times."

Based on the success the business is seeing so far, it's obvious that people have found that it's a special place. So, I asked Tami how she thought Kathleen would react if she could pop in for a visit. "I think she would gleefully clap her hands and smile real big. I hope she would love it and want to spend lot's of time here."

What's next for Kathleen's? Stay tuned for more.

What are your memories of Grandma Kathleen? What influence did she have in your life? Click on "Comments" and let us know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home