Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Friday, April 08, 2005

Kathleen's is more than a Tea Room

The trip that Dan had won at work was a get-away to a spa and resort in Boca Raton, Florida. Tami says, "As I was having a massage my mind was racing...". A spa might be the perfect compliment for a tea room. At the end of their get-away, she got to work on the idea. Thinking about it now, she recalls, "I got home, put it all on paper, talked to some people and thought 'this is it!'" The two businesses would compliment each other very nicely and provide a fun place for people to come in, enjoy good food, great tea, and just relax.

From there it took two years for the idea to become a reality. When asked about the greatest challenges in going from concept to welcoming the first customer, Tami said that it was, "Overcoming my own ignorance. Things started falling into place faster than I could educate myself, especially with the builder. There were just so many things I needed to know and didn't." What do you do when faced with a problem that you're not prepared for? Tami believes, "In many areas you can't be prepared - you just handle problems as they come along."

As with any service-based business, image is key. Find out what it's like to visit Kathleen's Tea Room & Day Spa in the next posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home