Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

John & Miriam Palmer

Before I continue with the discussion of the Truax family, I'll cover the only small branch that I have for the Palmer's.

We just concluded a set of articles on Benjamin Truax Junior, and his wife Ezadiah Ethidia Palmer. Her parents were John Palmer and Miriam, who's last name is not known by me.

John Palmer was born in England, and arrived in America at a young age. He and his parents settled in New Jersey, which was also the birthplace of his daughter, Ezadiah. They moved to the area known as Sideling Hill, in the Belfast Township, in Bedford County, Pennsylvania.

John married twice, and fathered many children. I do not know the name of the other wife. I don't even know if she was married to John before or after Miriam. I have the names of some of John's children, but other than Ezadiah, I have not sorted out which were the children of his marriage with Miriam, and which were the children from his other marriage.

John moved on to Monroe County, in Ohio, taking all but two of his children with him. Ezadiah obviously stayed behind. John lived in Ohio until he passed away. I do not know where or when Miriam passed away, nor do I know who the parents of either John or Miriam were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home