Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Monday, May 23, 2005

Mystery Photo Monday #12

I believe I know who a few of these people are, but certainly not all of them. Can you verify my guesses, and fill in the blanks?
  • Standing, back row: Fred Sykes, Helen Sykes, Kathleen Carson, Chester Carson, Tony Barbiero, Bernice, Teresa Sykes, Alberta (Aunt Bert) Rogers, Aunt Bonnie (Myrtle) Rogers.
  • Standing Children: Albert Sykes, Elsie Sykes, Joanne (in checkered skirt)
  • Kneeling or Sitting: Kit, Either One of Aunt Bonnie's Kids (possibly Nellie) or J.C. Morgan (in front of Joanne), Kenny Rogers, Blanche (May or Mazie) Rogers (maiden name Wheeler), The partially obstructed children may be Libby and Nellie Morgan, Maryanne (behind the partially obstructed children), Bernie.

I believe this photo was taken in about 1942.

Can you help?

UPDATED 24 MAY 2005: The names of the folks in the photo below have been updated (above). In addition, the picture was probably taken at Glen Echo Hgts. MD, which used to be a large amusement park popular with families.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognize Bernice. I almost always do since she is my Grandmother and my sister Tami looks like her clone.

I don't know anyone else, although, "Unknown 2", the second woman away from Bernice looks like Mystery Photo #2 and #4's Elizabeth Rogers. Do you think so?

8:11 AM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Steve said...

Kit wrote today and identified most of these people. You were correct about "unknown 3" (unknown 2 is immediately to Bernice's left, see the updated notes for her identity). Unkown 3 is Bernice's Aunt Bert, (full name Alberta Elizabeth Rogers), also shown in the other Mystery Photo's that you identify.

Very good!! I did not spot that.

5:05 PM, May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home