Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Monday, March 07, 2005

Mystery Photo Monday #1

Introducing Mystery Photo Monday's!

Each week I'll post one or more photographs. I'll tell you everything that I know about it. Then, it's your turn. If you can help with the names of people, where the photo was taken, the occasion, the date, or anything else, simply click on the word "Comments" and type in what you know. I'll update the caption to reflect what we learn from all the comments.

I'm also looking into the various ways to to post photos online for those of you who would like to see the collection I have, and obtain your own copy.

For the first Mystery Monday, I have two photos for you.

The first is a group photo that includes:
Top Step: I believe this is Conway Sykes.
Middle Step, left to right: Unknown, Loyd Rogers, Kathleen (Rogers) Carson, Chester Carson
Bottom Step, left to right: Unknown woman and two children, Nolena Byrns (Loyd's 2nd wife)

This looks like it could be from Loyd and Nolena's wedding in about 1929. If so, this would be somewhere in or near Corydon, Indiana.



I don't really know much about this second photo. It was in a group of others that were originally owned by Kathleen (Rogers) Carson. I don't know who the gentleman is, who the child is, the year, or where this was taken. Anyone know?

UPDATED 11 March 2005: The gentleman in this second photo is Chester Carson. The infant is his first daughter. The photo was taken in late 1927 or early 1928.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Mom replies via e-mail:

"I believe the second photo is Dad and Bernice.  Can't add anything about the first one. "

8:45 AM, March 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home