Carson Archives

Here you will find information on the ancestors and descendents of Chester Carson and Kathleen Rogers. Articles are listed newest to oldest. Start by reading the oldest articles first, then work your way back to the newest. I have also included links to their Online Family Trees. Please provide your own stories, additions, corrections, or feedback by clicking on the word "Comments" at the end of any article, or by e-mailing me. Enjoy!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Family Fun at Kathleen's Tea Room & Day Spa

A number of family members met together in Asheville, and Fletcher, North Carolina over the New Year's weekend for fun, fellowship and food!

On Friday night a number of family and friends stopped in at Tami and Dan's home. Some were there for the annual family gift exchange, others for the pleasure of visiting with family members who have been apart for long periods.

The official get together occurred Saturday evening. That gathering was a long delayed family grand-opening for Tami's latest business venture: Kathleen's Tea Room & Day Spa, named after Kathleen Carson, which opened on March 8, 2005.

Patti brought her wonderful portrait of Kathleen, which went on display. Tami spent much of the night introducing the guests to various blends of tea, and chatting about the numerous family photographs under-glass at most of the tables.

Thanks to Patti for organizing the event. Thanks to Tami and Dan for opening their home. Thanks to Tami for risking her china & fine decorations, and for providing some wonderful teas for sampling! Finally, thanks to all of you who were able to attend, and who brought so many delicious foods for the feast.

I have posted my photos to a web-site that is open for viewing and downloading the originals, simply click on the image below to open the online photo album. If you then click on a photo, there will be an option, in highlighted text, underneath the image for downloading the original. Be aware that each file is between four and five megabytes, so a broadband connection is suggested for downloading. You can also order prints from the site, but as I have never opted to do this, I can't make a comment on the quality.

If you were at the family gathering, please help to correct my photo labels! When you visit the online album, review the comments and let me know where I've made mistakes and where I've simply forgotten. I should have carried my notepad, but I, um, forgot.

Finally, if you have photos from the event that you would be willing to to share, please contact me.

School Photo
Shown above: Patti's extended family (click the image to see more photos).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home